Sunday 9 November 2014

07 // Environment Speedpainting Techniques

Over the past week or so, I've found a little bit of time between other projects to further enhance my environment speedpainting skills. Sticking to fundamentals, I generally focus on producing these paintings in black and white, limiting myself to 1 hour on each. I'm still finding that my skills are lacking, but I know the areas in which I need further study - mainly understanding the nuances of lighting, and rendering out materials enough that they read correctly.

Here are a few that I cooked up, with more images and details of my development process to follow soon.

Also, I'll be focusing on getting stuck into the initial thumbnailing process for the project very soon, so a few of those images will likely appear in a future post.






No comments:

Post a Comment