Friday 12 September 2014

01 // Perspective Sketching

Here's my first perspective sketch for class assignment. I chose to present an interior, as I figured it would be a slightly easier method to ease myself back into this kind of thing. After completing the sketch, I feel as if I'm waaaaaaay out of practice!!

So I started by laying out all my guides as technically as I could with a cheap plastic ruler. Given the 90 min constraint of the task, time was definitely the main issue for me here, as I soon found myself running out of time to add objects and complete the finer details.

When it came to inking the linework, my freehand lines and pen control let me down horribly, resulting in an unfortunately messy finish.

So, to summarise, I'll be spending some serious time focusing on improving my draftsmanship in this area, which should hopefully increase my speed and efficiency. And then I'll make pretty pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment