Thursday 15 January 2015

13 // 2nd Term...

For this term's project I plan on focusing on 2D Character Design, with character-based illustrations throughout. I decided on this area as I feel it to be more of a comfort-zone for me; last term I put myself out of my comfort zone by choosing to produce environment art and my grades suffered, so I've got a bit of catch-up to play now.

I'll be sticking to my own style of artwork for this project - which can be seen in the following images - and developing it further throughout the term. There are some aspects of my own style that I enjoy, but feel could definitely benefit from refinement, so that'll be a focus for this project.

In regards to evolving my style, I'll also draw attention to the artists that have inspired me most lately.

As far as genre is concerned, I've yet to decide on that. I'll also come up with world lore, back-story, etc. in order to assist and influence the design process.

Along the way I'll also be continuously studying anatomy and developing my figure drawing skills in order to produce the best drawings I can. I'll also be asking for feedback at regular intervals - seeking advice from Ryan, class members and any communities I'm involved with - to hopefully gain further understanding of my strengths/weaknesses, should I become confused and/or lose my way at all.











No comments:

Post a Comment